10.09.2008

Day 4

October 9, 2008

Courtney, the Things, and I went out to enjoy a day off school. We attempted to fly the giant helium balloon at the Great Park in Irvine. Just our luck - it was grounded due to a nearby water main break. Not exactly sure what a water main has to do with a balloon . . . seems to me that water sticks pretty close to the ground. Really it was more a lesson in the benefits of calling ahead. Waste of time, especially since the whining quotient rose as a result.

This is what we were supposed to be doing.
Instead, this is what we got to do.













And this is what we got to deal with.

We tried to salvage the outing with a Target pit stop at the Irvine Spectrum, then a romp in the nearby spray ground. Target is a luxury Hawaii residents don't yet get to indulge in. We planned a short store walk through, but with 6 Things in tow can you ever keep it quick?

And then there was the spray ground. Or more like the lack of one. It was out of service because a house had been built over the top of it. Seriously - a house. At an outdoor mall. What the heck? How do you explain to kids that we can't play in the water because a house is in the way? By then the whine meter had broken due to overstress. Back to the car with the bunch of us.

At least I got my sanity saver out of the way - on the way home I picked Sketch's portraits up at JC Penney. So very exciting. But at least I got to leave the Things in the car. And the pickup wasn't nearly as painful as the sitting - only 3 minutes instead of 3 hours.

1 comment:

The Trotter Family said...

I love the sanity savers. That is great advice that your mom gave you. I need to do that too. I totally feel like I get in the rut of doing the same things over and over. I might have to start having my sanity savers! By the way, there is another set of fountains near the food court. I take Micah there on hot days. I don't understand why they would put a house on top of the fountains!