9.17.2008

Single parenting . . .

. . . is hardly my idea of a good time. Last week Nate made arrangements for an "emergency" trip to China. Timing wasn't great, but I figured I could manage. After all, in the past I've dealt with his traveling pretty well. At least we've all been alive and unscathed upon each of his returns. But that kind of reasoning just proves the land of denial was sneaking up on me again. Evidently I spend much of my life there.

I know, I know - whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger, right? Does that mean whatever doesn't kill my kids makes me stronger too? Stay tuned for the rundown on my daily happenings . . .

1 comment:

abm said...

Ah, business trips. Matt's always traveling. It's no where exotic, just in-state, that's why I don't go with him. We usually end up eating cereal for dinner. At first my kids loved it, now they ask if dad's coming home, if it's a no, they don't even ask what's for dinner anymore. Yep, I'm pathetic.