12.08.2008

Christmas Card Anxiety

I'm doomed. Thanks to many well-meaning friends and family members I am sure to never send another Christmas card.


"I Spy" creativity. Too bad it peaked in 2006.

The last (post)card I sent out was in 2006 (for all of those who thought I forgot you last year, fear not, I forgot everyone.) Due to bouts of 1st trimester crotchetiness and general pregnancy brain I failed to put anything together in 2007. I rationalized that since we hadn't moved, changed jobs, or added to the family we really didn't need to send holiday greetings around the globe. But to be entirely honest, I was also experiencing serious performance anxiety.

The 2006 "I Spy" postcard was a complete fluke. The photo and letter formatting were a pain, although I managed to throw it together and place my online order all in a single day (while Nate was out of town, no less.) I went with postcards because I'm cheap - seriously - postage is less expensive than 1st class, and no envelopes are required. And yet I got rave reviews. And I felt like an idiot. And now I don't know what to do. It's been 2 years and we've got a 4th Thing. The pressure of unsent warm wishes and seasons' greetings is mounting, but I'm petrified of disappointing my public. What to do?

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I truly loved the I Spy card. It's a classic.
But you don't need to top yourself every year. There's no shame in sending a "regular" card like a mere mortal.
Costco has a great deal on photo cards. Check it out.

The Trotter Family said...

If it makes you feel any better, I have never sent one out! I thought I would this year since we have two kids now and we really feel like a family, but I don't think I will get around to it. Call it lazy or cheap, but I just don't feel like it!