7.22.2008

A Note on Hannah Montana

In my previous post I mentioned that the kids like to watch Hannah Montana on Disney Channel. This is a relatively new occurance. Up until a month ago Jackson was deeply opposed to anything Hannah Montana. Actually, I'm being kind with my description of his feelings. In reality, anytime Jack saw a photo of Hannah Montana or heard someone mention her name, he would start to seeth - you could instantly feel his anger and irritation, almost to the point of steam rising from his ears. Nate and I were pretty amused, and I'm ashamed to say, would often provoke Jack's reaction as comic relief.

I didn't spend much time trying to figure out where this intense dislike came from. Jack told me that the girls at school liked to play Hannah Montana and wouldn't play with him unless he was willing to participate. I chalked it up to Jack being jealous of Hannah - jealous that she effectively had stolen his friends. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I found out why all the little girls wanted Jack to play - it seems that Hannah Montana's brother's name is Jackson. So it was only appropriate that my Jackson be the stand in during their recess games.

Apparently Jack wasn't aware of the reason behind the little girls' fascination with he and Hannah until I pointed it out to him. Once I turned the Disney show on for him to witness first-hand he decided that Hannah Montana wasn't that bad after all. And maybe sharing his name with her brother was kinda cool. I guess it really is the best of both worlds.

No comments: