4.08.2009

My favorite toy

Things 2 and 3 each received a hand-crank LED flashlight for Christmas. I've since purchased two more to keep on either side of my bed in case of earthquake, fire, or other emergency. Although, now that Sketch has appropriated one for his own amusement at bedtime I should probably go buy another. Hey, as long as it puts him to sleep . . .

This flashlight is cheap and reliable entertainment. Safety is almost secondary (as a purpose for the flashlight - in case that wasn't clear.) I've yet to meet a kid who doesn't think this is the coolest toy ever. I guess there are few things more fun than huddling in a tight, dark closet with a wind-up flashlight on a muggy afternoon. Around and around and around and around and around . . .

So now I'm stocking up for birthday party season. Best part? I never have to buy batteries.

No comments: