11.10.2008

Just say NO!

Trying new things isn't necessarily a good idea. Tattoos, fast cars, drugs, extreme sports, beverages of ambiguous origins, foods prepared with questionable hygiene practices, ultra-trendy haircuts, . . . all can precipitate irreparable damage. As can desserts . . .

For years I've gone to Costco and seen their Very Berry Sundae on the snack bar menu. I was never even slightly tempted - the oversized picture led me to believe that it was an icy, soft-serve imitation topped with a sicky-sweet, jam-like concoction. If only. . . if only that assumption had held true.

On one visit I made the monumental mistake of acquiescing when Nate offered a bite of his Very Berry Sundae. In that instant my world was irreversibly changed forever. No longer can I approach the face at the window and order a hot dog (w/ soda) without the angst of self-denial. Nope, now I get to live in a world where one more almost-insurmountable temptation stares me down each time I head to my favorite big-box warehouse store.

Costco be damned.




I hijacked this photo from some guy's blog. Either it's really old or inflation has been worse than I thought. And what's with the waffle cone? We've never had that on the menu here, or anywhere else I've lived.

4 comments:

Linsey said...

And that is reason 867 why I love Costco.

abm said...

I can never get out of Costco for less than $100. Always something tempting that I end up buying. I actually have to limit my Costco encounters to 2 per month.

merathon said...

seriously-- that berry sundae is A-MAZING! i think that is why i don't allow myself to have a membership at costco anymore. BJ's doesn't have that temptation so they got me as a customer! but when my mother-in-law comes in to town, we always go since she has the magic costco card! couple times a year i can handle-- couple times a month, i could NOT!

Lindsey said...

never had it. But now you have me interested.